I am an introvert. It is natural for me to want to be alone, a lot. I’m sure there are others like me around, but I don’t know anyone else who enjoys being alone as much as me. Ha!
I do work with others quite a bit in the ministries I’m involved in. And don’t get me wrong, I totally enjoy it. But sometimes due to my nature, I tend to get on a streak of being alone, planning alone, thinking alone, analyzing alone, and carrying burdens alone.
Today my MOPS teammates and I worked together on a Facebook party for our MOPS communities and it was like a lightbulb turned on for me. Time alone and working alone can be good for me – but I can also tend to isolate myself too much.
I saw so many positives in the collaboration and teamwork we had today. It is a great reminder (and probably a much needed one) that God has called us in most circumstances to partner with others in our work for Him.
Maybe you also need a nudge to be less isolated or to accept more opportunities to work alongside others?
I know the following list is probably not really new to you – and not to me, either. But today was just such a good example of these benefits of teamwork that I can’t help but share. I don’t want to forget, and in case YOU need a reminder – here is the “power of team” that I saw today:
- We can encourage one another to step outside of our self-imposed comfort zones.
- Our ideas and effort, put together, have synergy – meaning that the result is more than each of us could have accomplished alone.
- We can step in for each other’s weaknesses.
- Working together can ignite a spark of motivation and energy in a teammate who needs it.
- We can learn from each other.
- We can learn about each other, and about ourselves. Learning more about our teammates draws us closer together.
- Working alongside one another gives us opportunities to provide more personal support and encouragement to each other.
- We share the burden of the work.
Ecclesiastes 4:9 – Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. (New Living Translation)