As I type this, I’m sitting in the Baltimore-Washington airport on my way home from MOMcon (formerly known as MOPS Convention) in Indianapolis. It was amazing, as always. It really is an experience that is not duplicated anywhere else.
I am so blessed and privileged and thankful to serve this life-changing ministry and be able to hear such skilled and godly speakers. I always learn so much! The days are always filled with God-moments. And this year as never before, my team just had a blast together. I really can’t remember when I last laughed so hard.
I just wanted to quickly share some quotes/ideas that resonated with me. And by resonate, I mean that they are in tune with the stirring of my heart that God has already been doing this year. I share because I hope that they might help you find the beautiful notes of God’s story working in your life, too.
Bob Goff –
- Live in grace, walk in love.
- Love lavishly- give it all away.
- Don’t make it about you, make it about Jesus.
Jen Hatmaker –
- We are loved children with a love-sick father.
Margaret Feinberg –
- Noticing goodness is fighting back with joy. Pursue joy.
- Marinate in the truth of God’s love for you.
- Remain suspicious that God is up to something good.
- Ask yourself if technology use is drawing your family together or driving it apart. Act accordingly.
And lastly I’ll leave you with this. Several times over the course of my time at MOMcon we sang this song -Holy Spirit. I’ve decided this is going to be my anthem for the rest of 2015! It truly is the prayer of my heart.
Regardless of whether you were at MOMcon or not, what is God stirring up in your heart these days?