My brother-in-law began a new Christmas tradition for our family this year.
And it’s turning out to be a lot of fun.
He is running a “25 Days of Christmas Trivia Game”.
Every day he sends out a new trivia question via text on our cell phones.
Check out the current scores that are updated daily on our “secret” FB page (along with a bit of trash-talking):
Can you tell he is enjoying this? And that he is an engineer? (and believe me, I say that in love because I have an engineer’s brain, too!)
Sorry I had to block out names, but I’ll give you a hint on which column is mine – I only had one wrong answer so far. (The ones I didn’t respond to were because I didn’t have my cell phone with me!) The question I got wrong was, “How many pieces did the grinch cut off the branch he used for Max’s antlers?” I answered 3, but the correct answer is 4. Just in case you need to know!
So, a couple of things I’m learning from this:
- My old verizon LG phone just doesn’t cut it for this type of thing!
- My texting skills are, let’s face it, not so good. But I did learn how to use T9! Yay me!
- My family is much more competitive than I thought.
- I can’t feel my phone vibrate or ring when I’m in a store shopping/walking. That’s a problem.
- I’ve actually gotten to the point where I’m remembering to recharge my phone overnight, turn it on in the morning, AND carry it with me! This is real progress, people!
- Starting some new traditions can be lots of fun!
Do you have any new traditions you’re starting this year?