God has been working in my life and in my heart lately. I’ve heard a whole bunch of things from other people, and from Him, that I don’t want to forget.
So I’m listing them here in case it’s something YOU need to hear as well.
- I need to serve and worship God not in spite of my circumstances and weaknesses, but rather, through them.
- I need to remember to Prepare the way.
- I need to allow the Holy Spirit to fill me up to overflowing.
- God’s power is available to me! The same power He used to raise Christ from the dead. How Amazing is that?? (Ephesians 1:18-21 – I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms… and Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.)
- When a child’s behavior is the most repelling to me, that is when I need to draw the closest.
- Anger crushes a child’s feelings.
- Birth is messy. Every birth story is different. It is a fitting analogy to the transforming work God does for us when we are “born again”. We need to share the story with others and be open about the mess! (Thanks to the MOPS Leadership Summit and Jonalyn Fincher for this revelation!)
- A child expressing his or her feelings does not mean they’re blaming me! Don’t take it personally.
- God is not finished with me and he won’t give up on me! (Philippians 1:6 – being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.)
- I can count on God’s mercy and I need to remember to show it to others. (Lamentations 3:22-23 – Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” )
- And lastly, sometimes I wonder what God really expects of me. As I was wondering this morning, I remembered this verse – Micah 6:8 – He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Now I want to hear from you! What has God been teaching you lately?