I feel like it’s been forever since I blogged – please forgive me!
Just some tidbits…
- Tuesday was our first MOPS meeting. I am so, so blessed by my MOPS group! Being a coordinator is a lot of work, but I get way more out of it than I put in! It is so amazing each meeting to see how God uses the skills and the personalities of the women on our steering team to reach out to the moms in our group. I am humbled and blown away, often, by God’s presence at our meetings.
- Since my older two kids are back in school, I’ve been thinking it’s time to start potty training my 2 year old. I haven’t started yet, though. For some reason I just don’t want to. Well, we’ve gotten the potty seat out and it’s sitting in the bathroom. And it seems that my third child may be the easiest. Despite my procrastination, she has peed in the potty two times… both of which occurred when I was in a completely different part of the house. Apparently my 8 year old may be a better potty trainer than I am.
- Still no results from the blood testing of the kids. Still not sure I want to know.
- I went back to 4F (my church’s cheaper version of weight watchers) last week. I’m so thrilled that I have a friend who is doing it with me this year. I gained 13 pounds since May, which is really awful. (Could it be all the strawberry shortcake, blackberry cobbler, cherry pie, hmmm?) Anyways, I feel SO much better when I’m eating better and exercising – and I lost two pounds last week. It makes me wonder why I always return to my bad habits and lack of self-control when I’m not accountable to weigh in every week?
- I’ve been feeling a sense of lack of purpose in my daily life. I often feel like I just jump from one thing to the next – laundry, make dinner, e-mail, MOPS stuff, pick up kids, etc. – with no sense of real purpose. I wonder if God’s trying to tell me something, or if this is just a symptom of the season of life that I’m in with young kids. I’ve been praying about this and seeking God for a next step. I’ll let you all in on it when I get an answer.
So that’s what’s been going on ’round here. What’ve you been up to?