I’m feeling silly today, so I’m going to list the top 10 things I’m looking forward to eating over the holidays. I know, I know, Christmas is not about the eating. But for some reason, there is a certain connection between celebrating Christmas and eating all sorts of yummy (and bad for me) stuff. So here it goes:
- Cookies (I’ll just leave this as one category – but we will make sugar cookie cutouts, molasses cookies, peanut butter balls, etc.)
- Egg puff and cinnamon rolls (our usual Christmas breakfast). Very easy, but I don’t usually make it except for special occasions.
- Spinach & artichoke dip – again, usually for special occasions because it has so many calories!!
- Cheese danish. Oh my goodness… crescent rolls, cream cheese, sugar, butter. Need I say more??
- Monkey bread – definitely need to invite another family over to share this or take it to church or something because we’d all be in sugar shock if we ate it ourselves.
- Reuben dip – a recipe from my friend Jessica. Yummy. Even my husband likes it (who won’t usually touch sauerkraut).
- Pecan pie. Usually made by my sister Laurie. Did you know pecan pie has like 550 calories per slice?
- Reese’s peanut butter Christmas tree. I love peanut butter and chocolate. These are definitely better than a regular peanut butter cup because the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is higher.
- Lindt truffles. Expensive, but worth it.
- German pancakes. Haven’t had any in a while – the kids usually complain but I love them.
If you didn’t know it, I am on a diet! I’ve lost almost twelve pounds since September. What are the chances I won’t gain them back in the week between Christmas and New Year’s??
What Christmas treats are you looking forward to?